Summary of Position:
Reporting directly to the Works Manager the Despatch Supervisor/Production
Controller will be responsible for all of the daily requirements and executions of the
Despatch Department. The Despatch Supervisor/Production Controller will be the
first point of contact for all despatch operatives for any materials, quality issues,
logistics and resources, this is a key role within the organisation with a strong
communication line to upper management.
It is important for the Despatch Supervisor/Production Controller to be able to
quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the despatch department to be able
to effectively assist in all aspects of logistical operations with support of the Works
Manager, this will include assisting to identify areas to improvement efficiency,
requirements, assisting the Works Manager in planning resources and identifying
areas of weakness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Taking ownership and leadership of the despatch team
* Maintain and run an efficient Despatch area at all times ensuring that a high
working standard is achieved
* Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly
* Process and deliver products following customer specification and Company
* To produce an accurate account of closing stock
* Participate in team meetings when required and action any issues raised
* Maintain a safe and controlled working environment for all personnel following
company procedures and guide lines
* Play a proactive role in the development and training of personnel
* Ensuring all finished goods leaving dispatch are checked and packaged correctly
to customer specifications
* Working with suppliers to ensure lead times are achieved on time on a daily
* Working with press shop to ensure products are in despatch to achieve customer
* Communicate with the customers to ensure products arrive on time.
* Ensure you and your team fully understand and comply with company
requirements regarding health and safety and hygiene
* Provide cover for the Despatch operatives during any absences.
* Report any defects, damages and breakdowns in equipment to the departmental
* Maintain production plans and schedules to ensure clear plan of customer
requirements and timings in conjunction with Press shop Supervisor
* Clear communication with customer on schedules and lead times achievable.
* Acknowledging & Maintaining schedules within the system to ensure a smooth
plan is visible to achieve customer deadlines, and ensuring lead times are
* Liaising & working with customers, suppliers & supervisors to ensure lead times
are achieved, and keeping all relevant personnel updated.
* Tracking material WIP and ensuring plans are in place to maintain business
* Must hold a FLT Driver Licence
* Responding to all queries either via email or telephone
* Ensuring there is clear plan/understanding of all parts through the Press Shop via
Press Shop Supervisor and Subcon is available and on plan.
* Ensuring orders that are high priority are processed through the system to the
Hours of work:
7 am - 4 pm Monday - Thursday
7 am - 12 pm Friday
25 days plus statutory holiday entitlement
Staff discounts on all retail products
PLEASE APPLY WITH COVERING NOTE AND C.V............ firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is an outdated browser and we do not currently support it. To have the best browsing experience, please upgrade to Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari.Upgrade